Skip to main content

got my Amerique back in 2008 so I was a bit surprised to see the wheels already deteriorating and falling apart; seems the rubber tread was dry rotting and falling off in chunks. I checked around for replacement casters first at CS online and then at online sources as the local Lowes didn't have matching plate size or bolt spacing. It was easy enough to find the casters online but then I looked closer and decided it would be easier and much cheaper to replace the wheels. After all the caster housings are pretty heavy duty and still in great shape. I did attempt unsuccessfully to get assistance from CS on the wheel replacement recommendations. Anyway the new wheels arrived today and look very close to the old ones, but the tread is a different material(Black Poly on Polyolefin Wheel). Didn't take too long to replace all 4 wheels and now my CS is rolling smooth again. The cost for wheels was $5 each vs. $27.50 for replacement casters. If interested Caster City has a selection of wheels for most any environment.

Last edited {1}
Original Post

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.