Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cookshack Smokette II or Smokette 008 Login/Join

posted
I am looking to buy a Smokette, Cabelas has a better price if these 2 units are the the same. I can't find the Cookshack Smokette II on the Cookshack web sight. Can anyone tell me if they are the same or what the difference is?

Posts: 2 | Location: Pa | Registered: February 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They are the same. I love mine. Its a great little smoker.

Posts: 42 | Location: Milton,Fl | Registered: February 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep, they are the same. I have a Smokette II ordered from Cabelas on the way now. I called Cookshack and confirmed that they were the same.

Posts: 10 | Location: Missouri | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the help! I will be going to cabelas on Friday. Smiler

Posts: 2 | Location: Pa | Registered: February 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If God did not intend for us to eat animals, why did He make them out of meat?
posted Hide Post
Our first little smoker was called a "Model 10". this was 30 -35 years ago. I was kind of like a miniature SM050. Then we changed the design and called it a Smokette, because when I told my friend Kathleen about it, that it was a very small version of our commercial smokers, she said, "Oh, it's a Smokette!" as in the French diminutive. Then we changed the design slightly and called it the Smokette II. A few years after we stopped manufacturing the original Smokette, I decided to drop the II off the "new" one because people had forgotten about the original one anyway.

So, there you go. A brief history of the convoluted way that things are named in a small business where creativity is valued over rigid naming conventions.

Donna
Currently smoking on an FEC100 and an AmeriQue

Cookshack, Inc.
http://www.cookshack.com
d_johnson@cookshack.com
AIM djcookshack

Posts: 817 | Location: Norman, OK | Registered: February 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey JRS, I bought my Smokette at Cabelas in Hamburg, Pa. about two years ago. I really enjoy it! Everyone enjoys the product that comes out of the smoker! It is a great smoker, built like a tank and easy to use! Just follow the seasoning instruction. Other advice if I may is: get a good temp probe, read the forums, and keep notes. You'll be the hero where ever you bring your grub!

Posts: 13 | Location: Lancaster, PA | Registered: January 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post