Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Our first little smoker was called a "Model 10". this was 30 -35 years ago. I was kind of like a miniature SM050. Then we changed the design and called it a Smokette, because when I told my friend Kathleen about it, that it was a very small version of our commercial smokers, she said, "Oh, it's a Smokette!" as in the French diminutive. Then we changed the design slightly and called it the Smokette II. A few years after we stopped manufacturing the original Smokette, I decided to drop the II off the "new" one because people had forgotten about the original one anyway.

So, there you go. A brief history of the convoluted way that things are named in a small business where creativity is valued over rigid naming conventions.
Hey JRS, I bought my Smokette at Cabelas in Hamburg, Pa. about two years ago. I really enjoy it! Everyone enjoys the product that comes out of the smoker! It is a great smoker, built like a tank and easy to use! Just follow the seasoning instruction. Other advice if I may is: get a good temp probe, read the forums, and keep notes. You'll be the hero where ever you bring your grub!

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.