Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Welcome !!
And congrats on getting a mighty fine smoker.
I suggest you read Smokin's 101's - great way to learn about the meats and ways to prepare them. He's spot on...

http://www.cookshack.com/store...kin-Okies-101-Series

Also it doesn't hurt to think of an item you want to cook off and do a search using the FIND function. Believe me there are a lot of people that came here before you and got answers. It's a good way to pass a chilly Sunday afternoon reading threads. Keep good notes. I'd suggest doing a pork butt next, an easy cut of meat and will definitely help add a certain patina to the walls of the smoker.

NOW GO FOR IT !!
Welcome.

Check out the individual sub-forums. There are some 'favorite" topics at the top of most of them, such as the "lessons for new users" that are must reads.

Then hit the forum on a topic you want, such as brisket. There's tons of info here.

And of course, just ask questions, lot of people here to help.
Ron
Well you're gonna love how low maintenance using a Cookshack smoker is for cooking. I met a fella in my localy Mom and Pop store, Glorys. They have a remarkable butcher shop - it's not a fancy place just good. A guy in the long check out line had a big brisket, we call them a packer because it is just like from the packing house, still in cryovac. I was telling this fella about my Cookshack and how I just apply a rub, put the packer in about 8pm at 225 and go to bed. Next morning I get up and when the internal temp says 195 I have to slide out the shelf, I can't PICK UP the brisket it is so tender. I literally slide out the shelf and invert it over a waiting hotel pan.

You're gonna love the way you cook with a Cookshack.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.