Skip to main content

Just ordered an Amerique today and already can't wait to get it. I've read numerous posts here and thank eveyone for their ideas, tricks, and recommendations. I can't wait to start bragging on it. I already have been, and I don't even have it yet. I was looking real hard at the PG1000, but in the end decided on the Amerique.

LUV 2 Q
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by Vicki B:
Looks like you have been lurking around for a while so you know what a great piece of equipment you're getting! I bet you already have a list in mind of things you can't wait to cook.

Looking forward to hearing all about it.

I help on a competition BBQ team and the head cook uses both an FE100 and PG500, so I'm very familiar with the Cookshack quality. Been cooking about 10 years or so mainly on (3) WSM's and an Onyx, so I'm real excited about the Amerique.

VMac
Vicki
Welcome to the family VMac

The quality and repeatability of you Q will speak for it’s self.

The biggest problem I have with my AmeriQue is that when I tell people how easy it is to use and how I didn’t loose a minute of sleep while doing that brisket or pork but they think I’m lying because I just don’t want to give them my secret recipes.

I have all but given up on convincing anyone how little I fuss with my smoker. Now I just put my hand on my forehead, roll my eyes and commence to fabricate a story about how I had to slave away night after night to perfect my secret recipe and slowly let them drag it out of me. Actually this way is a lot more fun. Wink

You’re gonna like the way you smoke
Chef-Boy-Arnie: We always hear at the comps how it isn't real BBQ unless you need to mess with it. Then I see all the stick burners up all night tweaking fire/temps, etc. With the FE100 that the cook uses, we put stuff on and set the alarm clock to wake us up in the morning.

I've found out also that even if you give them your exact secret recipe, it isn't going to be as good as what you cook. Roll Eyes

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.