Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I've had my 008 on a wood deck for nearly 9 years. The slider to the deck is off of the kitchen and it's very convenient. From my experience you need to do 2 things. Obviously, always place a drip pan beneath the drain hole and always make sure its centered below the hole. Depending on what you're using for a drip pan, yo may need some type of weight in it to keep it in place if it gets windy. I use a 3 lb. rock.

Also, you'll need some type of mat or covering for the wood that extends 2 to 3 feet in front of the door. Inevitably, whenever I go to remove a smoked item something will drop on the deck. It's easier and cheaper to wipe off of a mat than having the deck refinished.
I agree with all of the above but you might also want to consider getting a small table or stand to put it on. Makes opening and dealing with the food a lot easier than bending over to do it.

I bought a $95 table from Sam's which does nicely and also allows about a foot and a half area in front of the door for a plastic cutting board. I don't usually cut on that board but it is easy to clean of any drips/drops. Because of that area in front of the door, I don't have any mat underneath the table and haven't had any problems of things getting to the deck.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.