Skip to main content

Does CookShack offer refurbishing services for smokers and stands ? My stand (smokette and stand are black) has a rusted out bottom with a missing leg. I'd also luv to have the thermo system reworked also with possibly a 300 degree thermo and element. I probably can't actually afford even the shipping !
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I agree, I don't know if Cookshack does refurbishing. BUT you're talking an Smokette, formerly known as an eight or nine... I got my first Cookshack an eight used on eBay for two hundred fifty. Three forty shipped from Florida. Why bother refurbishing such an inexpensive machine, rather yet get out there looking on eBay or your local CL listings. By the time you ship it to them, have them do all that work and ship it back to you, SHEESH a fella could have a pretty good time in Vegas with all that money and still buy a used Cookshack. Maybe it's time you upgrade to something a bit larger that is used, I jumped to a One Fifty, wow was I glad I did that...
I just looked on my Jersey CL and found a real clean one for five hundred,

http://newjersey.craigslist.org/for/3879427737.html
Let me throw my two cents in. The thermostat is a PA300 and they run $95.00. The element is a PV311 and they run $47.00. Any body work you could probably get done at a local paint and body shop or a close powder coating company. I agree with Big Mike by the time you pay for parts and shipping plus labor it will get expensive. We would welcome you and give you a tour of the plant if you wanted to make the 8 hr drive to drop it off. Give us a call if you would like a quote on the repairs and I will see what we can do.
When I got my Eight it needed shelves, a new power cord and the exhaust pipe fitting replaced. I called Cookshack, WOW they are NOT like other companies. In moments you realize you're not just talking to Customer Service you're talking to friends who are really easy to deal with and very passionate about doing Q. Whatever you do you'll be happy if you stick with Cookshack. Good luck

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.