Skip to main content

I recently upgraded to an Amerique from an 008. I have driveway pavers that the smoker rolls on. The 2" casters get stuck between the pavers, so I am trying to find 3" casters that will fit. I have the smoker mounted on the Cookshack cart which I think will make it top heavy and more likely to tip when the casters become lodged between pavers. Has anyone had the same problem or does anyone have a source for casters that will fit

Thanks

Michael
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

MichaelD, look at CS's site and under the comments for the AQ there is a customer review that has some info on that here is a portion of it.... "These suggestions are based upon my first impressions when putting the smoker together. First, the casters are too small. They hung up on every joint in my patio and driveway when rolling the smoker across it. I replaced the casters with larger 3\" casters and that was a big improvement. Plus, they look more appropriate on the industrial looking box. I had to search hard for some with a 5/16\" diameter stem, because most 2\" casters, even those at Home Depot and Lowes are 3/8\" in diameter."

Hope this helps
quote:
Originally posted by olysmokes:
quote:
Originally posted by SmokinOkie:
I've seen it done a lot on FE's, but haven't heard it done much on the Electrics.

Smokin',
Any particular recommendations for a FEC100? I need bigger wheels on mine to go over some rough ground when I get it out each time. Thanks!

There are some threads in thee FEC forum, I'll see if I can find them. Lets start a new thread over there. I believe people went with larger/pneumatic tires.
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by olysmokes:
quote:
I've seen it done a lot on FE's, but haven't heard it done much on the Electrics.

Smokin',
Any particular recommendations for a FEC100? I need bigger wheels on mine to go over some rough ground when I get it out each time. Thanks!

There are some threads in thee FEC forum, I'll see if I can find them. Lets start a new thread over there. I believe people went with larger/pneumatic tires.

Yeah I went with those large grey pneumatic casters for my fec120. I HATE them. So pissed I wasted so much money on them.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.