Skip to main content

Trying to smoke turkey for Christmas Eve dinner. I set the temp okay, but when i set the probe temp, the service notice appears. I unplugged the unit and probe. I then set the temp and tried the time function. Same result. The service button appears and it won't cook. I'll call Cookshack in an hour and hope Service is open today but wonder whether the Forum has any ideas. I keep the AQ in my garage, so weather isn't a factor. Thanks.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Last week I used my AQ in -17F weather and wanted to use the probe. The unit was in my attached garage and registered 15F inside the box. The unit started ok and I set the probe temp for 165F. I inserted the probe in the meat which was at 25F internal (Thermapen). I then put it into the AQ and connected the meat probe. It registered NO PROBE after I started it. It defaulted to Timed mode. I figured I would use it that way instead. After the meat reached the mid 30's it switched to Probe mode by itself and the cook completed by itself.

Great Machine.

This just reinforces what G Que stated.
quote:
Originally posted by Gardener9:
Last week I used my AQ in -17F weather and wanted to use the probe. The unit was in my attached garage and registered 15F inside the box. The unit started ok and I set the probe temp for 165F. I inserted the probe in the meat which was at 25F internal (Thermapen). I then put it into the AQ and connected the meat probe. It registered NO PROBE after I started it. It defaulted to Timed mode. I figured I would use it that way instead. After the meat reached the mid 30's it switched to Probe mode by itself and the cook completed by itself.

Great Machine.

I just used my AQ today. It was-3. The box was 18. The probe was in a meat loaf and was at 51*. That amazing smoker did an excellent job. Cold weather is not a problem for the AQ.
Last edited by Former Member

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.