Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

They designed them so that the handle seals the door well enough but there is always a little leakage that over time on my 150's got to where I had no smoke around the door.

FWIW I don't think sealing the door will add all that much more flavor. If you think that, just add another chunk of wood and take into account you'll loose some smoke. I guarantee you can put enough extra wood in there to over smoke without making a door change.
I'm no expert ,but have been following great cooks and restaurants with my CS 160 for a couple decades,or more.
CS built the models over a half century ago to be the best big meat smokers in the country and they remain the best today.

Lotta folks might say that refrigerators,and even cheap coolers are a great way to seal up the air in something.
They might also say that the purpose of good ventilation,as Cookshack has designed it,will allow the stale,creosote tasting smoke to pass thru and allow clean smoke to flavor the product.It also releases the built up steam that gives you that "potroast " flavor and mouthfeel.

Just a couple of thoughts.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.