Skip to main content

I rolled out the new AmeriQue for the second smoke after seasoning. When I plugged it in and opened the door I heard a click and display read "OFF". I closed the door and re-opened it with the same results. I loaded my hams and brisket pressed the ON/OFF button but nothing happened. Has anyone else experienced any similar things with the controller. Well, I guess the family and friends will have to wait till next Christmas for a real smoked Christmas dinner!!!!
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Not sure what the problem might be, but the door on the AQ has nothing to do with the controller. The "off" light is what you get with plugging it in with no program or temp selected or started. You need to set a program (temp, time, or probe temp) and press start to get it going. Read the manual to see how to do that. Good luck and Merry Christmas!
Controller problem resolved!!!! the black wire from the controller to the plug was not properly seated. I went out this morning and removed the controller and noticed a wire was missing from the controller plug. I re-seated the wire and the controller started working. Should have done a more thorough investigation yesterday evening.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.