Skip to main content

Decided to build an outdoor kitchen and wanted to make the Cookshack SM025 part of the design. I built the main unit into an inset in the stone cabinet. Drilled 2 holes in the granite, 1 for the smoke stack and the second for the control panel wiring harness.

Cooking a Pork Butt tonight for the first time since the install and so far, all is well.

Here's a pic of what I came up with.

[IMG:left] [/IMG]

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Thanks for reply.

Because the length of the vent was extended 4 inches to make it up though the granite, I was worried about the air flow as well. So far, "Air Flow" is not an issue. Seems to work very well. The Pork Butt I cooked last night was perfect.

Just curious, you mentioned in the past people have had problems. What kind of issues might I expect to look for (should they arise)?

quote:
Originally posted by SmokinOkie:
Looks good.

I'm a "little" weary of the air flow. Let's see how it goes. In the past when people have tried to extend the vent on the small smokers it has caused some issues.

Not a bit concern, just curious how it came out?
I extended the wiring harness myself. It was pretty easy to do. I soldered the connections with solid copper wire comparable to what was originally used. No problems at all. Everything fired up and worked like normal.

quote:
Originally posted by Pags:
That looks simply great. My outdoor kitchen was done a few years before I got my Elite. Otherwise, I would have loved to try the same.

Let us know how it works. Were the harness wires long enough or did you have to extend them?

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.