Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

At the bottom of this page is a link to Cookshack that describes its residential, commercial and competition based products. There you'll find the residential line has the SM066, and when you look at the SM066s specs it lists cooking capacity as 50 pounds. So unless those are small pork butts no it would not be enough capacity.

I fell into a deal on a used SM150 for about $1400.00 - it could handle 10 pork butts with ease.
I can do 12 in my FEC, and I have done 6 in my Amerique (I did not use the bottom rack). You could do 8 in the Amerique, but you would want to put the biggest PB's on the bottom which is closest to the heat. One thing that you want to make sure of is that you have good circulation of heat and smoke around the items you are cooking. Like BigMike said, I think 10 PB in the SM066 would be a stretch unless they are very small.
Sodaguy

Heck yes, I have a 2006 version in black steel on the outside called the SM150 (the SM160 is all stainless on the outside). You'll be very comfortable - like I said above, look at the commercial products in the link at the bottom of the page. The SM160 has 5 18x18 shelves, plenty of room for 10 pork butts. You could probably avoid using the bottom shelf altogether (I think it's a little too hot down on that shelf) and do your 10 LARGE butts without a problem. If you consider a pork butt to be 8 pounds or so you can easily cook 10 of those. Really awesome unit. Here's mine on our deck, love it !!

Specs stated in that link for the SM160:

Cooking Capacity Pork Butts: 120 lbs., Brisket: 100 lbs., Ribs: 50 lbs. or 20 chickens per load
Cooking Surface Qty 5 - 18" x 18" (45.7 x 45.7 cm) nickle plated grills, 5" (12.7 cm) apart
Fuel Source Electricity
Fuel Usage 1.67 lbs. of wood required to smoke a full 100 lbs. load of briskets
Temperature Settings 100°-300° F
Controllers/Firepots IQ4 electronic time/temperature digital control system; includes pre-sets, alarm cycle, 16-character LCD display and a quick change module. The controller can be customized.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.