Skip to main content

Has anyone else purchased the $195.oo cover from Cookshack? If so are you satisfied with it? I have a few issues with it. First off its 195 Dollars for a nylon rectangle?? i thought it would be padded or at least have a form of insulation. My second issue is with the fit.. it is very, very tight and not easy to get on. getting the cover on is comparative to putting a dry sock on a wet foot... its not easy. thoughts?
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi Matty -
I don't have an Amerique but did buy the cover for my FEC from Cookshack. It fits well and is well made.

You may want to just give them a call today and let them know. It's possible the one you received was just off. I know they want you to be happy with your purchase.
I got a cover when I had my SM008. Didn't waste a moment getting a cover for my SM150 - yeah they fit snug, they should because they stay put. My SM150 was on the deck when Hurricane Sandy blew thru here last year, didn't budge. When we finally got electricity back I yanked the cover and my SM150 fired right up. Think of your gear as a long range investment, there is so little needed to use the Coookshack line once you buy into it, why NOT protect it from the elements and possible nosey dishonest neighbors. Love Mine...
I did not get a cover for my 009 and it was always dirty and crappy. I bought the cover for my AmeriQue right away. It was a bit too snug when I first bought it 3 years ago, but it has been on and off enough it is just loose enough. I always put the cover on it when it’s not in use, which may be anywhere from almost a week to (once in a while) a month. I have thrown the smoker in the back of my truck and driven 300 miles or more without worrying about the smoker or the cover several times. The cover is heavy enough to survive the abuse I’ve put it through and keep the AmeriQue looking good. The cover does have one frayed area on the right front corner where it rubbed against something on one of my longer trips, but it is still serviceable. For what I paid for the AmeriQue I didn’t bat an eye at the price of the cover, it was well worth it
Thanks For all the replies! it seems that they are a snug fit, and that is just the way of it. I can not be happier with the product that6 the machine turns out. I smoked some Fryers yesterday on a vertical stand and the product was just amazing the skin even crisped up enough nicely! My neighbors all have their noses out the door just loving the smell!

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.