Skip to main content

I ordered and received a new SM066 from cookshack. From the get go the display temp would jump all over anywhere from 84 to 376 degrees, up and down. I talked to Bill in service, he overnighted me a new control unit and a thermacouple. Replaced the control unit, same thing happens, temps all over the place. Changed the thermacouple, no change. Discussed the situation again with Bill, he overnighted an electrical harness. Rewired the SM066 with no difference. I swapped out the control units back and forth and had the same results. Here is a link to a video I took, https://youtu.be/Oipy5f8JdMI.

Cookshack is sending me another new Amerique and having this one picked up. I wouldn't expected something like this to happen after changing all those parts. Did they get a bad batch of thermacouples? control units? Do they tests these smokers before they ship them? I asked them to test the one they are sending, but said it was already boxed and ready for shipping.

Does this happen much? I did a search and couldn't find anything like it. I sure hope the new one doesn't act like that.

Thanks,

Mike
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

That is strange. But I have never fired mine up with the door open nor had the meat probe hanging in mid air. I own an Amerique and I can hear it cycle on and off throughout a cooking/smoking session. It clicks. And the temp does fluctuate a degree or two.

Did it work properly when you seasoned it? In any event, CS stands behind their product and they are sending you another unit. Pretty good customer service.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.