Skip to main content

Got my 045 last week. First cook: St Louis Ribs. Good Eatin'!!
045 is wonderful, but it is pretty close to the ground, and I don't care for the bending/kneeling over all the time to clean it, etc. Didn't want to spend the big bucks for the factory stand, but I found this:
Low Wheeled Stand

Mounted the 045 to it yesterday, using the threaded holes on the 045 that were used for the casters.
Sturdy. Hard to find stands that are on the low side! Raises the smoker up 18", which is perfect for me. Even comes with its own rubberized casters with brakes.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Thanks for the tip! Seeing your post, I ordered one of those right after I ordered my 066. I've been too lazy to buy bolts to permanently affix my smoker to it yet and I'll need to trim the front edge down in the center just a bit to get the drip pan in & out, but it seems plenty sturdy and the tall casters help with moving the unit around. Great to have a little easy-access storage underneath as well.
I got a rolling cart from Harbor freight, just sat it on top and called it done. Was going to drill holes and mount properly, but, it does not move at all, and I am just leaving it as it is in the cart. has a 2.5-3 inch lip which the door just clears when opening. Used the 20% off coupon (that is everywhere) and it was $50. This was for the SM 45
I got a stainless steel table for Christmas and mounted my 025 to that. You lose portability which was OK for me given mine is on the deck which has some steps to get to it.

What I do like it that I have 16" of table surface in front of the smoker to catch drips when applying sauce or pulling meat off. Also I have a 3 foot surface to the side of the smoker for prep.

Attachments

Images (1)
  • IMG_1258

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.