Skip to main content

All,

I have been experiencing a new problem lately. My SM025 will get up to its set point temp (let's say 275) upon initial start up. Then I will go and check on something, opening the door and letting out heat. After I close the door the SM025 fails to get back up to the original set point temperature.

Has anyone else experienced this? Does anyone have any advice?
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by aTmSmoker:
Where do you find the sensor?

That would be the probe that is sticking out from the back of the smoker about in the middle of the smoker. If it becomes filmed over with food particles or lots of smoke, it can cause the temps not to react correctly.

I clean mine every few months. I have in the past had meat come into contact with it and it causes the smoker not to come up to temp or so a cook thinks.
To the OP - Does your SM025 still exhibit this or did you get it resolved?

The reason I ask is that my SM045 occasionally exhibits a similar issue. I set it to 225 and after the initial 20 minute full on, it'll sometimes drop and stay below the set point. I see the light on for the element, so it seems to be controlling the heat. If I then change the set point to 226 and back to 225, the unit goes up to 225 and stays there. I've also seen where if I reduce the temp from the original set point to a lower temp, the unit will go below and stay there. I don't think it's a case of simply under shooting because, once again, setting the temp again causes the unit to lock in and stay at the set point.

I spoke with Tony about this and we agreed I'd monitor it. He did offer that if it continued, I could send in the controller for testing.

Ron

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.