Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

It's doable. But probably not viable. On the top rack you'll only be able to fit loinbacks. But with that many ribs in there, it won't come up to temp.

A few summers back, I had 7 loinbacks and two tri-tips loaded up, the cooker never did get up to temp. Took the tri-tips out hoping the temp would start rising, but it never did get high enough, I ended up taking them out and finishing in the oven to get them done in time.
Mike,
Welcome. You don't say you have the 025 so maybe you are looking for capabilities to cook that much on a regular/semi-regular basis to help you decide? If so, you may want to go one size larger. With that in mind, CS has a nice plan through PayPal; 6 months. Makes a larger unit more affordable. Whichever model you settle on, you are in for a real treat. Rock solid dependability and great food.

Dave
Good point old sarge. If you're still trying to decide on a smoker to handle that big of a load, I'd go with the Amerique, it has a bigger heating element and will probably be able to handle the load. The Supersmoker, the 045, has an extra shelf, but I think it has the same size heating element as the 025. If anyone can confirm that.

Looked back through the posts and found my post from two years ago. So use your own judgement. http://forum.cookshack.com/eve...1028883/m/2952951627
AndyJ - Same element, but greater capacity. The increased interior room of the 045 should allow for better circulation of heat and smoke. Less crowding unless you stuff it full. And the double door latch is a plus! However, I am a tad biased with regard to the Amerique. More room than one might typically use, but nice to have "just in case"! Tough decision. They are all great.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.