Skip to main content

New Amerique owner with a question. Started a brisket cook this morning. This is my second cook with it, the first turned out perfect. Went thru the starting instructions in the book and then hit "Start", and the display came up "OFF", and in the middle of the screen at the right it said "Service". What is that???? When I couldn't get it to start after a few shutdown/startup tries, I pressed the "On-Off" button after setting the temp and probe temps again to turn it off, and then pressed it again to turn it on, and the display came up showing the temp and probe settings. I then hit "Start" and it fired right up.

It's been purring away now for almost 3 hours. What was I doing wrong with the starting?

VMac
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I have never had the "service" notification. However, I do seem to tinker getting everything set properly i.e. temp, time, and being a tad unsure if they are set properly after only one attempt. But all works as it should and the food is great. I just do not have a 'digital comfort zone' and have to double check everything before I walk off.
Got a call into tech support, I'll let you know when I find out anything. Brisket came out good with appearance and tenderness. Burnt ends were perfect. Taste was off because I was trying someone else's recipe and it was a bust. All-in-all a great cook, just lacking a smoke ring to top it off.

VMac

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.