Skip to main content

Hey Y'all.

Can't wait to get my new gift from santa. I searched but could not find an answer to my question. A friend of mine that own's a CS said he only cooks meat and poultry in his CS and has a separate weber smoker for fish and seafood. I thought I could use my new smoker for both as I love meat and poultry as much as seafood. I have a boat and do lots of ocean fishing out here in Cali and want to experiment smoking my fresh catch. So my question...Is my friend uber anal or does he know what he is talking about???

Thanks in advance for any thoughts and input.

Ciao~
Smoke Em If Ya Got Em!!!
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I cook salmon in my 025 all the time. I know of no one on here that uses a separate smoker. I have never had a problem switching. Ive personally have never had the need to do a special burn to get any "fishy" smell out, it's all good. I agree with the others. Enjoy and don't worry. If anything you can change the foil inside and the drip pan, and of course clean the racks like most of us do, that's where any fish oil may be afterwards. But that's just normal maintenance. Have fun with it, it is probably the easiest smoker to own....

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.