Skip to main content

I think we've all researched all the different grinders, stuffers, equipment, etc.
Is there one place has has pretty decent price(s) and price breaks on equipment?
I've done some research and Bass Pro, Cabela's, and several websites have decent supplies. I guess I'm somewhat looking for the best bang for the buck all the while I know you get what you pay for.
Any recommendations, suggestions, leads, websites, etc. lol
Thanks
Briggsy
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I have LEM Equipment and I love it, well made and backed by the the company; 3/4hp #12 Grinder, 10# vertical 2 speed stuffer, and a 25# manual mixer. BassPro sometimes has great sales on LEM equipment. A good place for sausage supplies is "Sausagemaker.com", another is "Allied Kenco" and "Butcher & Packer" web sites. There is a lot of good equipment out there and a wide price range, from Ultra high end Torey and Hobart to no name stuff.
I have a pro line kitchen aid mixer so I picked up the grinder for it. Works fine for my small batches of 5 -10lbs of sausage. Tried using it companion stuffer and that was horrible. So, we invested in an LEM 5lb sausage stuffer and we love it. It clamps onto my granite counter top and works great. I can do it by myself without a problem and I just keep anything more than 5lbs on ice until I am ready to reload the stuffer. I didn't want to go higher tech or need the large LEM because I just don't make a lot at once, but one day I may replace the meat grinder if I really start to make a lot because the KA attachment takes a bit of patience (little slow).

Let us know what u wind up with.
Like Vicki, I have the KA grinder attachment and 5 # LEM sausage stuffer. If you're looking for "bang for the buck" this seems like a pretty good combination. I haven't done a lot of sausage, yet, but I use the grinder a lot to make by own burgers, chicken salad, etc. With the grinder I can kick out 5 # of ground meat in about 10-15 minutes. As Vicki mentioned the sausage stuffer is easy to use and well built for the money.

My 2CW
quote:
Originally posted by Briggsy:
I think we've all researched all the different grinders, stuffers, equipment, etc.
Is there one place has has pretty decent price(s) and price breaks on equipment?
I've done some research and Bass Pro, Cabela's, and several websites have decent supplies. I guess I'm somewhat looking for the best bang for the buck all the while I know you get what you pay for.
Any recommendations, suggestions, leads, websites, etc. lol
Thanks
Briggsy

Nothern Tool is the best place for economy minded sausage makers. Everybody I know bought their stuff from them. They all chicom imports with sloppy augers..but work well for most chores. No not Hobarts...lol. They also have a cool little five pound stuffer that everybody claims works well.

http://www.northerntool.com/sh...ctric-meat-grinders?
quote:
Originally posted by Que'n RN:
Like Vicki, I have the KA grinder attachment and 5 # LEM sausage stuffer. If you're looking for "bang for the buck" this seems like a pretty good combination. I haven't done a lot of sausage, yet, but I use the grinder a lot to make by own burgers, chicken salad, etc. With the grinder I can kick out 5 # of ground meat in about 10-15 minutes. As Vicki mentioned the sausage stuffer is easy to use and well built for the money.

My 2CW

I hate KA mixers with a passion. Especially the grinder attachment. It works similar to this:

1. It makes an impossible work height. Grinder way to far above the catching bowl or pan.
2. The little indent screw which holds the grinder in place works its way loose and the grinder head starts slinging meat in a 360 arc.
3. If your meat block has much if any liquid in it it builds up pressure and spits the meat about 20 feet across the room. I finally erected an upright sheet pan to give it a target since I got tired for trying to pick meat off the chandelier.
4. Just to name a few things..lol

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.