Skip to main content

I decided it was time for a couple of fatties so I used my favorite recipe using chorizo.

This yields 2 fatties.

2 lbs of Beef Chorizo
4 eggs
1 package of frozen potatoes O'Brien.
2 cups of shredded cheese (I used habanero mozzarella)
2 1 Lb. packages of Jimmy Dean Sausage
2 packages of thin bacon. (You need approximately 24 pieces of bacon for 2 fatties)

Cook the chorizo in a frying pan until thoroughly cooked. Scramble 4 eggs and add to the chorizo. Thaw in microwave the frozen potatoes. Add the potatoes to your chorizo and eggs mixture. Cook until you are satisfied with the temperature of the potatoes. Add your cheese to the mixture. Turn of flame.

Make a bacon weave with 6 to 7 across and 6 to 7 down. Here is some videos if you never have made one.
Bacon Weave

Flatten 1 Lb. of Jimmy Dean sausage in a 1 gallon freezer bag. Cut open and place it on your bacon weave.

Use your fatty piston to make a log of your mixture. If you don't have one, this is a great place to get one. Or make your own like I did.
Fattie Piston

Place the log of chorizo mixture on top of the sausage in the middle. Fold over the bacon weave and sausage to form a roll.

Repeat to make 2 rolls. You will have plenty of mixture for 2 rolls. I had enough for 3. I used the leftovers to make a couple of burritos the next day.

Smoke at 250 degrees for 1.5 hours. I used my normal 50/50 blend of Hickory/Cherry in my PG500. Increase temp to 350 to 375 for 15 minutes to finish off the bacon.

I like to serve these sliced on a toasted english muffin. They are even better the next day.

Here are some pictures.

Last edited {1}
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.