Skip to main content

hello all. i am opening a restaurant, and bought a sm160 smoker. the restaurant is complete, but not open, so we have decided to have thanks giving up there. I have smoked my turkey, chicken and ribs at 325 on my treager for about 3 years now, but now i see that the sm360 only goes to 300. At 325 it usually takes the turkey about 3 hours. how long do i need to cook this year, and will it be more dry because if a longer cook?
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Rule 1 is never experiment on a holiday, but sounds like you're going to anyway.

My biggest concern is if you're trying to cook all of that together? Pork and Poultry aren't good unless the pork is above the poultry. Never cook anything below the poultry because of Food Safety Concerns.

You're 25° from your normal temp and that's not enough to worry about much of a time change.

Not sure what you cooked on before, so just set it for 300. This will also be a more humid environment so if you're wanting a crispy skin you'll need to dump some humidty throughout the cook which will dump heat as well so extend the time a little.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.