Skip to main content

Just picked up a Cookshack 008 at Cabela's in Dundee for $285. You have to apply for their Visa card, then you get $115 off a $450 purchase, which was easy to do. Reg price is $400, plus the stuff you must have anyway, like a Polder, rubs, etc. I had gotten the last 008, they had 2 009's left. I would like to thank all of you who post in these forums. You are why I bought a CS. I was leaning heavily towards a gas smoker, then found this site. Sure glad I did! Bought ready to toss in a 6# brisket flat for my first smoke to take to parents tomorrow for Xmas. With all your advice, and a CS, how can it go wrong?
Last edited {1}
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Michman -- Welcome to the forum! You got a fantastic deal! Nice job.

Watch that brisket flat. It's one of the harder pieces of meat to master. Doing your first smoke for other than yourself is treading on thin ice. Get started plenty early as these brisket critters are very unpredictable.

Good luck! Let us know how goes it.
Pulled it out after 11 hr. smoke. Internal was 190. The temp probe slide thru it in several spots nice and easy. Wrapped it up in HD foil, and towel, and stuck it in the cooler. I won't know for another 3 hours how it will be cut, I'll let you know. I'm ready for sliced or pulled. I had put some bonless beef ribs in with it so I could get me a taste, what a fantastic breakfast that was! Very little bark, hot and juicy. What an awesome smoker.
BBob,
I went to their Dundee, MI store and picked it up. I don't think you can get the deal online, because it's tied to their Visa card application. You can try and look up CABELAS CLUB on their site and see what you find.

Wheelz,
It turned out to be a good slicer. Tender and juicy. I prefer more smoke flavor though. I used 3 oz. hickory for this one. May have to bump it up a little in the future. Next is a pork butt to take to work later in the week.

Merry Christmas to all, and may Santa not plug your smokers chimney.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.