Skip to main content

I'm brand new to this forum but have done some reading and am hoping you can assist me, I've learned a lot so far and thank you to all for sharing your experiences. I've unfortunately been using an old electric Mecca smoker and now am looking for a smoker that actually works. Now its down to which model. The 055 (assuming I can sneak it by my wife) seems like it will fit my needs and have room to spare, but your discussions of the "new" model to be introduced soon, adds some confusion to the picture.

Given that they are "about" the same size I think, it apprears the major difference is the new electronics.......is it worth waiting for?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.....and I'm looking forward to being an owner of one of these great smokers soon!
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

TedB
I am kind of setting in the same position as you. At first I was debating the 09 verses the 55, now Im debating the new shack verses the 55.
I just called Cookshack and talked to Stephany.(Sorry about the spelling Steph) The new model will not be coming out untill fall.
You can call 504 321-1793 and get on there E mail list. They will be doing a mass notifacation as to when it is going to be released.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.