Skip to main content

I asked our appliance repair man at the store I work about the "temp swings" on the smoker.

Here is what he told me:
On a conventional electric range, there can be a temp swing of up to 60 degrees.. that is when the element reaches the thermostat temperature it is receding in temperature, But the element still has heat generated..until the probe calls for heat..this will generate a spike in the internal temp of the unit.

The new ranges that are digital have heat sensors in them that are within 9 degrees.

Told him that we have a swing of 20 degrees and said that I would not worry about it and just, as the Gurus of the CS users have said. KEEP THE #&*((DOOR SHUT UNTIL THE TIME IS DONE,

Just a input that may resolve some issues.

Dave
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Tom,
The reason that I asked Jim about the "Temp Swings" was because of the temp settings for doing different types of meats for smoking.

I am glad that this may have cleared up issues with up and coming CS owners Wink .
I seasoned mine today and and was wondering why I only got smoke at certain intervals...Jim had answered this by stating that the element will cool down until it requires the necessary temp.

Dave

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.