Skip to main content

Since I got my slightly new 50, I have been thinking of painting it. Recently spent a lot of time learing how to spray catalyzed automotive paints including the clear and have been thinking that a custom paint job would be cool. Something like 50s style hot rod flames licking up the cooler.
Seems possible but I have never seen any adorned smokers here. Cookshack has some school team specific smokers.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I had my CS 008 about 4 years before moving to Florida in 2001. After 1 year here, living a couple of blocks from the ocean, the 008 rusted so bad drastic measure were needed to save it. I took the door and hardware off and had everything sandblasted down to bare metal. Since the outside of the smoker never really gets hot I didn't even bother using high temp paint to paint it. Two coats of spray can primer and then, this may sound strange, two coats of spray can "stair and tread" paint. It's a rough textured paint used to keep stairs from getting slippery and dries to a kind of wrinkle finish. Anyway that was over a year ago and it still looks brand new. I say go for it but if you're going to paint flames why not paint some smoke too?

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.