Skip to main content

Just got my SM009 a few weeks ago. Have cooked maybe a half dozen times with it. This time, doing 2 butts, I have what appears to be a leak at the left rear foot of the unit. About a cup full of liquid that slowly seeped out from (what i can tell) around the foot pad throughout the 17 hour cook. Thankfully I noticed it when it started and rigged an aluminum foil troth to catch the drippings before it got all over my deck. Has anyone seen any "leaks" like this before. I figured I would post here before contacting CookShack directly.
Original Post
Can't tell you exactly what it is but can tell you that my SmokinTex did the same thing when I bought it back in mid 2003. I called ST and they said it would eventually seal itself off and it did. No more problems.

If you've not been around the forum too long, ST and Cookshack are very simular in looks and function. CS made in America, ST made in China.

If you are concerned, call CS customer service. They will be very happy to answer all your questions and concerns!

Hope this helps.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.