Skip to main content

Got the new sm150 with the temperature probe. Plugged in the probe on the front panel and put it in the meat and set the correct temperature for the meat. The panel asked the same questions....cooking temperature, cook time and hold temp but how do you activate the probe. It turned off to the hold temperature when the time was lowered less but I am not sure if the probe is reading anything. I guess I have to wait until Monday and speak to customer service. No instructions with the probe.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

doc,
thanks. I don't think I got a probe when we got our sm150, but it is a grand smoker. I don't trust the remote thermometers, why I don't know. I use a probe thermometer and the jiggy -feel combination. Jack is much more scientific on food.
It took me awhile to figure out the buttons, too.
I got all excited when I first got a beep telling me that it was going onto the hold setting.
We cooked our meat(pork and brisket) for the market in the FEC100, had a little pin break so the auger didn't run. So slammed all the meat into the SM150. Jack done good.
We had a bbq pie to cook. He managed to get that going in the SM as well. Sold out of the pie, so it must have been ok. So the SM150 did a great job for us and we have the pin on order from CS to get us going. But we couldn't have done as well without the SM! Thank you to Cookshack!
Peggy
The real reason that I waited for the new sm150 with the IQ3 internal temperature probe is that I can cook a brisket to an internal temperature of lets say 195 degrees and the cooker will automatically then go to the hold temperature. I can cook it while I am sleeping or at work. With a busy schedule sounds too good to be true but I'll try it and let you know.

Scott
quote:
Originally posted by 2 greyhounds:
[qb] I don't think I got a probe when we got our sm150[/qb]
Peggy, it's a new option. Similar to what's in the Amerique.

doc, sorry I couldn't help, but I don't have that unit. Now you give me an excuse to get one over Christmas, so I can answer questions Smiler

Other than that, I've had a couple of 150's and loved them.

Russ

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.