Skip to main content

I have some questions now that I have done my first few smokes in the smokette.

1) I noticed that the wood box actually sags down and touches the bottom of the smoker, is this normal? I have a giant piece of foild burned on to the bottom of the wood box now. What is the best way to clean this off?

2) Is it normal for the screws on the grill rack holders to becoming lose already? Not a big deal, just kind of puzzled why they are falling off already.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Well decided to delay my smoking until I could check out another person's smokette, and mine definitely had a problem. Seems the heating element is too low because the Smokebox is not even close to sitting on the metal lip (or whatever you want to call it) that it is suppose to rest on.

Called cookshack customer service today, and mant hey are great. The person I talked to, was not able to give me any answers but was very polite and ensured me that they would either get it fixed right away or send me a new one. Someone should give me a call back today.

I was extremely surprised and delighted they did not have me go through the company I bought it from (AmericasBestBBQ). I didn't want to have to wait another 1 1/2 months to start smoking again.
We've been very happy in dealing with Cookshack. I'm curious if the companies that sell the Cookshack smokers are handling the smokers properly. Does Cookshack check up on them?
Since we've only bought directly from Cookshack, we haven't had to deal with a store or another person.
I wonder if the extra dealer might be a problem.
Peggy
To solve the smoker box resting on the bottom of the smokette, all I have to do is to pull up on the back of the heating element to move it back into position. To clean get the burned on piece of foil off all I did was to use some of this Oxi Clean Grease and Grime remover, worked like a champ and rinse off really good. The Oxi Clean cleaner works great for cleaning off the grates. I was trying everything in the house and nothing made it easy, saw this new product at the grocery store (new to me), and it worked like a champ. The grates were cleaned in under 5 minutes...
SmokinJ; This is no consulation for
your damaged CS but my new Dell just arrived and the container is beatin to a pulp. The wife accepted it cuz I was running to the store when the shipper deliverd.( 3 days ground, FREE SHIPPING, 24 bucks handling) Don't know if I'm going to open it or send it back. Your CS has a few road miles in a container that has been flipped every which way but loose. CS will make it right for you.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.