Skip to main content

Hi all. I have been reading all I can about the art of "Q" ing in the forums and decided to post.
First smoke was a Pork Loin that came out moist and perfect.
Today I did a picnic but because of MainelyDave's suggestion about the flavor. It was 6lbs. I rubbed it with c/s rib rub and let it sit in fridge for about 12 hours. Put it in the smokette at 11:15 pm Wednesday night at 225 with 2 oz each of apple and hickory. It hit 195 degrees at 1:45 pm Today. I wrapped it foil, stuck it in a cooler and waited until 4:00pm to eat it. It pulled apart so easily. The bone came out clean. I used Okie's baste with an equal amout of my favorite sweet bbq sauce and boy was it good.
As soon as I wiped the smokette out I put a load of venison jerky I had cured with High Mountain Cajun blend at 170 degrees for three hours and took it out to dry. It may have gone a little longer but I had to leave to go bowling (I had a 727 if you're wondering).I don't think it will be around long my 4 year old loves it.
One more thing. Just had some email contact with Jery Newsome in costumer service about the sample pack of wood my wife ordered. No mesquite so they sent two boxes of hickory. He said they got mesquite in and is sending some to me free of charge...can't beat that.

Bodacious BBQ, you might have Pudges steaks, I got his nephew Ray.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

ICU,

Great job with the smoking and welcome to the forum. I blew a 700 this past Wednesday night (245, 236, 160)... Don't ask me what happened to that last game. Good night though, considering I had been struggling this season with being 40 pins below my normal average till about 4 weeks ago, now I am within 15 of my book average.
I've been doing much better lately. I had some work done to a few of my bowling balls adding a thumb slug. I do not like them. Switched back to my balls with out them and I'm up from 207 to 212 average in 4 weeks. I had my second 300 four weeks ago and since haven't been below 650. 706 Wednesday and 727 last night.
No more thumb slugs for me, getting them removed this week.
If only I could "Q" that well....hmmmm

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.