Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I was thinking the same thing myself. Why could'nt you just put a layer or two of foil on a shelf, slide it back in on the low rack and then set a pan of ice-water on it like is described in most of the cold smoke recipes. I would think this could work as you are only running the smoker briefly for smoke and then turning off. Seems the ice-water pan is the most important factor for helping keep temps low and also acting as a buffer to the cheese or other product.
Hi guy's..

I have one and it's a whole lot more than just a piece of "stainless" .. It is about 1" thick and insulated, I assume to keep most of the heat away, yet allow smoke to pass by. Yes you "could" make one but I think this has had a little more thought put into it than just a piece of sheet metal ..

just my .002

Mark
Rick, given the lack of responses, I'd call Cookshack direct for the info. I know I've read some threads before that talked about the cold-smoke baffle--even some work-arounds by those without it. Search on cheese, since that's usually what people are making with the baffle.

Good luck.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.