Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Welcome to the forum. I'm a fairly new owner of a 55. For spare ribs and the hot chicken wings the recipes in the book were pretty accurate. For 20 lb's of pork ribs it took 5 1/2 hours at 225. I cooked the hot wings for the times stated in the book. Just put the meat in and leave the door shut until the time is up and you should be all set. Don't forget to foil the bottom of the smoker and poke a hole in the foil through the drain hole and foil the top of the wood box. Don't forget the drain pan.
Thanks for the help. I'll let you know how my ribs turn out. I'm not doing 20 lb's worth just a small batch. Just as a matter of interest, my heat control knob on my smokette only goes to approx. the 200 degree mark. Does this 200 mean 200 or 250 as the official maximum degree says on the dial?
On my 55 my dial has marks for Off, 100, 150, 180, 200, 225 & 250. My dial goes from Off to 250. When you turn your dial to the off position does it stop at the Off mark or go past toward the 250. If it goes past Off toward the 250 mark the knob might not be on correctly. You might want to give Cooksahck a call, they are the experts. IMO if the knob went past the Off mark toward 250 I would set the knob to 200 assuming it is going to cook at 225. Good luck.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.