Skip to main content

I just bought a used cookshack 008 and the owner didn't keep it clean at all. It's filthy with all kinds of crap in it. I plan on scraping the racks and running them through the dishwasher. What do I use to clean the interior of the smoker? After cleaning do I need to re-season it? The previous owner hadn't used it in a couple of years. Thanks.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

slade,
a tip my dishwasher gave me years ago was to use lemon juice concentrate. the cheapest stuff you can find. it worked great on griddles and is what i use on both of my sm150's and fec100. just use a green scrubbie and get all the tough stuff off. wipe out with clear water. nice part is it's a food product, safe cheap and no worries over chemical contanmenation(heck never could spell).
jack
Thanks prisonchef313,
I used the lemon juice on a green scotch brite pad. It was incredible, it cut right through everything. This smokette was trashed pretty badly, but now it looks brand new. The grills are a wasted so I'll just buy new ones. Thanks for the help everybody, I'm impressed.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.