Skip to main content

I think I have an issue with my temp probe on my model 066. I set the temp to 225, try to set the probe to 190. As soon as I set the 190 a few seconds later it hits 200, beeps done and goes into a hold mode. Second time I've used the cooker and first time for the probe. The only way I can get out of the program is to turn it off, take out the probe and start over. I have tried several times to set it correctly and get the same results. Any ideas?
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I noticed on my SM025 that when I thought I had the probe pushed into the plug hole all the way, I didn't. And the probe was not functioning correctly. But once I figured out I needed to push it in a little harder and made sure the plug was fully seated, the probe was good after that. While you have a different smoker than I do, that's something you might want to check.
I made sure it was plugged all the way in and it worked for a few seconds. I held it in my hand and the display went from 83, 84...and then jumped again to 200 and said "Done" then and went into the "Hold" mode again. Any idea how to take it off of "Hold" and just return to the time/temp setting that I had? I couldn't figure it out so I shut it off and reprogramed the settings. Thanks for everyones help.
I haven't tried it, but if it had gone to the hold setting and I wanted to cook some more without the probe, I'd try unplugging the probe first, then set the cooking time, then set the temperature. But it seems like turning it off and back on and then setting the time and temp would be just as easy.
quote:
Originally posted by Smellin like smoke:
I made sure it was plugged all the way in and it worked for a few seconds. I held it in my hand and the display went from 83, 84...and then jumped again to 200 and said "Done" then and went into the "Hold" mode again. Any idea how to take it off of "Hold" and just return to the time/temp setting that I had? I couldn't figure it out so I shut it off and reprogramed the settings. Thanks for everyones help.

after removing the probe, I think you should be able to just hit the start/stop button twice from the HOLD mode and this would restart in the timed mode.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.