Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Been my expierences just set the temp. as doing a warm weather cook. The unit is very well insulated. The cooler air that comes through the bottom drain hole may make cooking times a bit longer. Thats where the remote probe thermometers come into play. If you have tested your thermometers then you should just be fine. Just keep the rain out of the thermostat.

Bull
Good morning, Lorenzo. Living here in northern Minnesota I have used my smokette in temps. well below zero. I have never noticed any difference. One thing that you might watch for in very cold weather is a buildup under the drain hole. As the material drains out it cools and sets up readily. I simply remove it every several hours so it can't block the flow. This is particularly true when doing a large brisket or pork butt.
quote:
Originally posted by bbqbull:
Been my expierences just set the temp. as doing a warm weather cook. The unit is very well insulated. The cooler air that comes through the bottom drain hole may make cooking times a bit longer. Thats where the remote probe thermometers come into play. If you have tested your thermometers then you should just be fine. Just keep the rain out of the thermostat.

Bull

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.