Skip to main content

Been reading forum for about 8 months. I thought I had everything down man. Took a chicken out for my first smoke. (Weekend is butt and miller time) Sprinkled the rub on, lined the smokette, Put the chicken in, ran my probe, just 2oz wood, closed the door, turned the probe on and went into the house to shower for work. About a hour later, went to check and NOTHING. Forgot to plug the $%#@& smokette in. Man I just laughed at myself and thought of how many times I read of people doing this. Oh and smokette came yesterday and when I opened the box and the wife seen how small this thing was, she just gave me one of those looks and said"good thing size doesn't matter" Still scratching my head on that remark.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Well I never figured my dog would get to eat my first smoke. Because of my mistake on the plug, ran out of time for the cook and no one home to cut the smoker off. Oh well chickens are cheap. Hope to have better luck this weekend with the butt. I bet one thing though is that I plug the unit in first ting. Oh well live and learn!

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.