Skip to main content

quick question, i notice on my wsm during the summer, mold can easily grow from the grease if not cleaned properly.

in the cookshack, i read that i dont have to wipe down the walls, just remove the large chuncks of fat/meat. therefore i was wondering if mold sometimes grow inside the cookshack. should i leave the door open or closed when not in use? its starting to get cold here in nj, so ws wondering if ill run into the problem. thx.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

bbqnj; You could try this. Foil several potatoes and pop'em in on a rack. Crank the CS up to 225. In a couple hours turn her off and pull out the spuds. Take a plastic scraper after a cool down and do a gentle scrape of the top and walls, wipe the bottom with a paper towel. Comes off easy without unseasoning the smoker and you've got some bakers for dinner. I try to do this every few weeks. Don't know how long you've had your CS, but like Tom says it don't know if it's summer or winter. And no, never noticed any varmints growin inside..... just cookin per recipe.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.