Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

scotty,

The only reason I can think of, in case there is something wrong with the smoker (not likely), they don't want you to ruin a large cooking. After paying what you did for a Cookshack, I wouldn't worry about ruining $30.00 to $40.00 worth of meat.

My first smoke was six full spare ribs, hung on the hooks in the CS55 and after five hours at 225 degrees, three ounces of hickory, Cookshack's rub and a good coating of a glaze as I took them out of the Cookshack, they were wonderful. In fact I am duplicating that cook for this Memorial weekend and will take them off in 35 minutes, if the temperature is close to 190 degrees. The only difference is I am using my rub this time - plenty of chipotle powder added in and I forgot to punch a hole in the foil in the bottom. Had to punch it in at the four hour check and that juice is HOT. Big Grin I don't remember as good as I used to. Mad

Don't worry about your BBQing, they seldom go wrong, if even close to the directions - just let them get done, however long it take.

smokemullet
scotty,

SM is right, if you want to chance it on your first smoke, that's up to you.

IF it's seasoned well, you can go ahead an do it, there's no limitation on the smoker.

KEY is to read the "lessons learned" in the Open Section, at the top.

WARNING. Do not go by the times in the book(let) go with the times in the forum. Trust us.

Smokin'

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.