Skip to main content

I just got my new series 50 a few days ago.Last night I decided to try it out. This morning I go out to check my brisket, I find the paint is bubbling and coming off on the edge of the doors. I can see bare metal underneath. Now Im sure the guy at the fair here told me when he sold it to me that they "powder coat" them at the factory. When it was delivered and I unpacked it, I seen where it was scratched and someone tried to smear some black paint on it to cover it up. Also I noticed overspray on the front door where they sprayed the handle. Im a painter, so I notice these kind of things. The peeling paint, so called "powder coat" coming off has got me scratching my head. Whats up people?
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi Popum2000,

You may want to give me a call about this at (800) 423-0698. Our units are powder coated; however we do use spray paint to touch up any flaws in the powder coating. The powder coat will bubble up where the door seal leaks, however it should only come off the inner part of the door, which is stainless steel. So it should not cause any rusting problems. Feel free to give me a call if you would like to discuss this or if you would like to exchange units.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.