Skip to main content

i recently sold my cs50. i found it just didnt do the job i wanted, or at least the way i wanted. it poached everything. it was a steamer, not a smoker. everything had the consistenct of rubber on the outside. nothing crispy or firm. always the waxy rubbery finish. also , black tar would drip fron the exhaust onto the food. a small foil cup on top of the food would prevent it. but what a pain. the unit, although being inside all thetime started to get surface rust. a bad look for a new smoker. the max temperature of the unit is too low, and the swing door locks didnt line up properly.
i will buy another smoker, but not a cs. ill have a better look around next time.
ismoke2
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Agree with Tom (don't I always?)

Well it didn't fit your needs, but then many people have problems with smokers, it can always be something, it's just never easy, CS or otherwise.

If I remember right you bought it 2nd hand in January so it wasn't "new" when you posted back then.

Considering in 5 years of the forum, you're maybe the 2nd or 3rd person to not want it, I'd say your experience isn't common.

You also didn't really come to the forum for help so we can't address the issues.

But no matter what the smoker out there, some will like them and some won't.

That's why CS, unlike ANY OTHER smoker you'll buy, has a 30 day money back guarantee. If you don't like it (and bought it from CS) they'll return it.

Good luck with your next smoker. Sorry you call it a steamer, I think that's a wrong charactarization.

Hope you can find another smoker company out there with a support forum to help with your purchase.

If not, we're always here to help if we can.
ismoke2 -- Sure wish you would have turned to the forum for help. Lots of these guys n gals can do miracles with their CS. If you are definitely turnig away from CS remembber to look for something that will cook at a high enough heat to suit your liking. Once you've made your decision come on back cause this forum knows BBQ! Big Grin

Best of luck to ya! Wink
ismoke2,
Sorry to here of your trouble. I wish you had posted earlier as Smokin said. For any others, I would strongly recommend you give the folks at CS a try before giving up. Their support and service are top notch. They will stop at nothing to make you happy in the end. I too began with a used smoker(250 bought from CS direct). Had all sorts of trouble. Even had a few posts about my anger nad disappointment. The folks at CS did not give up(went so far as to replace the unit with a new one), so neither did I. Now I am happy with the product thanks to CS and happy with my results thanks to this forum.
ismoke. I too had a similar experience with rubbery food and steam. However I think that I just had to get educated on how to smoke. I thought I knew what I was doing when I had a $50. smoker. Now that i have a model 55, I'm learning a new way to smoke.I hope you find what you need. I know I did in the 55.All the best.
Duke

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.