Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

nichboy,
we have our sm150 mounted in a trailer and tow it every weekend. in over a year of doing this we have never had a failure of the element due to use or from towing vibration.
just make sure you have it good and secure (in our case we have el brackets that use the wheel axle bolts and are then bolted to the floor) but if you just bungee her down where it won't slide around i am sure that you will be fine.
hope this helps some
jack
ps. i think if you get it snug to the rear wall of your pickup box (nearest the cab) that should further help
mango,
darned if i know.
only thing we do remove is the grease catch pan since it wants to come off during transit. but we have never done anything else and so far so good. only thing additional i would recommend is to make sure the element is cool to the touch before transporting but for the life of me i can't remember why. just maybe superstition on my part i guess
jack
Well, since Jack doesn't own a smaller CS, he hasn't seen the insides.

Sure, take the smoke box off (especially if you're going to be going over lots of bumps). You might also take the racks out so they don't bounce.

Just take normal precautions for putting anything in the pickup. Tie it down.

And yes, make sure the grease pan isn't left out.

I'd also plug the grease hold so nothing falls in the bed.
When I haul my Smokin-Tex, I removed the racks, but left the smoke box on, but then I hauled it in the back of my wife's Astro van. Use those nylon straps, not bungies. Bungies stretch too much.

Just don't foget your racks, side rack mounts and smokebox.....and the drip pan. You can usually get wood anywhere...I think it grows on trees.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.