Skip to main content

Had my first run at a Turkey last weekend that was stressful, but resulted very good. Anyway, early in the smoke there was like a "steam puff" or something. Walked outside just in time to see it. Like the liquid from Brinning blew or something.

Anyway, it blew black soot out the top and spotted the stainless. Stainless cleaner is not cutting it. Do you think a razor blade is the solution?

What did I do wrong?

Had 12lb bird at 250, but seamed to cook very fast. Registered done at 3 hours, but I babied it for another hour.

Thanks All!
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

There's a great cleaner for stainless surfaces called Barkeeper's Friend. You can buy it at most kitchen stores, or I find it at Wal-Mart.

I first found out about it when looking for the best way to clean my SS All-Clad. The All-Clad Website recommends this stuff. Great stuff and doesn't scratch or mar the surface one bit.
I also use Bar-Keepers friend, does a really nice job on sainless steel. Another product is a degreaser intended for use in a pressure washer. Purple in color. I can not remember the brand. Available at auto supply stores. I use it un-duluted in a spray bottle when I am cleaning up grill support hangers. Make sure you are wearing rubber gloves, kind of rough on the hands. Roger

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.