Skip to main content

Hi all, I am a new member and just got my Smokette 009 yesterday! I am in the process of seasoning it today and it is taking forever to get up to heat and actually generate smoke. I am using some cheap fatty port (about 2 pounds) in addtion to two smaller wood chunks.

It has been 2 hours and no smoke and the interior of the unit is just kind of warm not hot. It is set to 200. Thanks!
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Pool Girl:

Here's something to try from another new user. When I started to season mine and got no smoke I realized that I didn't have the smoke box all the way against the back wall. Have you taken it out to see if the wood is burning or charring? Maybe this is your problem. If so, it's an easy fix.

Good luck.

Fred
KathyE,

If you have a Smokette you don't have the "black bar with the lip on the end", that comes only with Series 50 smokers because the woodbox is a little different. It's used to remove the wood box. You will need to wait until your wood box is cooled down, or use heavy duty mitts to protect your hands.

The troubleshooting information you are getting is correct. Could be an extension cord, could be that the wood box is not all the way back, could be a faulty electrical connection -- or it could be the smoker itself. Try plugging it directly in to a wall outlet with no extension cord (if you are using one now), make sure the wood box is seated properly, and make sure it is plugged into an outlet that you know works. If that doesn't fix it, call 1-800-423-0698 after 8am Central time tomorrow and ask for Tony. He will take care of this for you.

Donna
that's okay.I did notice that on the wood box the two ends are made different.One end has the box part shorter than the lid so it kind of fits back beyond the heat coli.I am not describing that well but it would have to do with the "seating" as Donna mentioned.They might try reversing the wood box so it touches the wall

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.