Skip to main content

Just in time for fathers day my new custom FEC100 cover arrived!
It is a great fit and is now nicely protecting my smoker.

Side shot showing exhaust 'cap'

Cap removed - made this so I could have the smoker fully sealed for storage

Left Side - cap back on

Right Side

Access Flap

Access Flap open - this is so I can cook in the rain but still check my time and temp (probe temp) etc

Door Flap open

Door Flap and Access Flap open

Leg Straps on all legs for high wind situationsSmiler
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by GaryT:
Sweet!! What really cool is that there is room under it for thermometers and stuff.
Can you give us more info?

Yup - that is why I did not go for the CS one - I have a great guy that makes these and I figured I could come up with something a bit more than what CS offers.
I can have my remote Maverick under there (and protected) and still see temp of meat on the receiver!
And it did not cost a whole lot more that the CS one (about $200+) but comes with a 5 year warranty!!
Smiler
quote:
Originally posted by Larry Jacobs:
The one thing that would stop me is the stack cover. I have my smoker stable with a 10 foot stack. The CS cover is split to allow that. Other than that....pretty sweet.

Yup - mine is split and has a zipper to close it - you would just not use the little "hat" I made
Cheers,
People like to do things differently. Makes the world more interesting. If it floats your boat, go for it.

TechMOGogy not only enjoys his cover, he probably enjoyed designing it. His nick name/handle may indicate he prefers the technical side of things and a little creativity. Cookshack's cover is the simple way I'd go, but I admire Tech's ingenuity. I suspect he has many little devices around the house that he is pretty proud of. Big Grin
quote:
Originally posted by WC BBQ:
My controller is on the left side with flue on the right.... when did this change?

Well not to threadjack and also REALLY confuse you... but some have both Big Grin

I had mine built that way so they'd fit on the back of my trailer and with the doors both opening to the inside, I can get to them both at the same time.

quote:
Originally posted by SmokinOkie:
quote:
Originally posted by WC BBQ:
My controller is on the left side with flue on the right.... when did this change?

Well not to threadjack and also REALLY confuse you... but some have both Big Grin

I had mine built that way so they'd fit on the back of my trailer and with the doors both opening to the inside, I can get to them both at the same time.

LOL, Now I don't know if yer just showin' off or rubbin' our noses in it!! Razzer Big Grin

Course' if ya got it, flaunt it!!! Wink
quote:
If I sent you the link to all my deck photos THAT would be rubbing you nose in it and I'd never do that Big Grin

Send me (us) the link, RUB MY NOSE in it!! I would LOVE to see all the pics!!! Ya know I'm just envious!!! Big Grin I had the Charbroiler all lined up, but the sale of my AmeriQue fell through and I had to put a new roof on the house and figured after that I would get it painted...... Soooo the cash flow is a little thin for a month or so... BUMMER. Eeker
Link does not work!!
and just to further confuse things here is how I had mine made - part right (moved controller to right) and part left (kept the door opening to the left)Smiler

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Mike4258:
Send me (us) the link, RUB MY NOSE in it!! I would LOVE to see all the pics!!!

Here you go, can't believe you missed it... LOL

Smokin Okies New Deck
Smokin'

No you definitely haver got the goods, your pics of the Charbroiler (the best I have seen anywhere) convinced me that I wanted one. No I meant MORE pics of your Deck. I would LOVE to see updated pics of the cooking area and any pics from the back of your yard back toward the house to give an overall view of the entire project. Seriously though, THANKS for sharing.

Tech,

I like your configuration, the exhaust on the left would have worked better for me.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.