Skip to main content

I was skeptical that a pellet cooker could produce a brisket that would even come close to what I can produce on my old school smoker. WRONG!!! Turned out AMAZING!!
Im stuborn, so I ignored what Ive read about how others cook briskets on their Fast Eddy's and I applied all my stick burner techniques to the FEC-100 and cooked one of the best briskets Ive ever made.
I trimmed and seasoned the brisket and cooked it fat side up at 256 degrees on the rack second from the top. Once the internal brisket temp hit 165, I tightly wrapped the brisket in butcher paper and continued cooking until the brisket hit 196 degrees. I let the wrapped brisket rest on the counter until the internal temp got down to 155 degrees, which took about an hour and a half.
The result was just as good as my reverse flow smoker and required practicaly zero effort.
I had read that some people were'nt getting as much smoke flavor as they had hoped for so right off the bat I made a little modification to allow chunks of post oak to smolder on a plate that I attached to the firepot during the cook. Smoke flavor was PERFECT!!!
Last edited {1}
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I used the Oak pellets from Cookshack. I'm a Texas BBQ lover, so oak is usually my 1st choice.
The long hours required to feed the stick burner are a labor of love........(well,most of the time) but man oh man, it sure is nice to sleep through the night, and wake up to such great results from these pellet smokers. With that being said, it still feels strange to get such great BBQ with such minimal effort. It's fun to cook like a caveman, it's actually very satisfying, so I could never completely abandon my old pits, it's a tradition I learned from my dear ol gramps.
If my grandfather was here today he would be completely blown away by these amazing Fast Eddy's.
Last edited by Former Member
As you can see by my custom built smoker, I'm serious about BBQ. This Fast Eddy is a welcome weapon in my BBQ arsenal!!! I'm excited about the future prospect of actually getting some sleep and letting the smoker do the work. I deserve it after all these years!
Last edited by Former Member

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.