Skip to main content

I just hit my one year anniversary with my FEC 100 and am thinking back to all the things I smoked in the past year. Please reply with what you've smoked in 2011 and the total pounds according to your records or best memory:
In 2011, I've smoked over 500 pounds of jerky (raw), 35 racks of BB ribs. 250 racks of SL ribs, 12 or so racks of Spare Ribs, 27 Pork Butts, 35 Briskets, 100 pounds of Boneless Skinless Chicken breast, 50 pounds of chicken wings, 120 pounds of sausage, 80 pounds of beef snack sticks, 30 pounds of venison snack sticks, 25 pounds of homemade brats and 180 pounds of bacon. Also dozens of baked potatoes, a couple of pies and a few pizzas and a few sorted family meals.

All of this out one smoker in one year. I guess the meat you smoke will eventually cost more than the smoker at some point - if the smoker is worth anything. I guess the FEC is proving its worth.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I have had my 025 for a couple of weeks now. So far I have done 1 6lb pork shoulder, 2 racks of country style ribs and just last night a 7lb brisket. I already have pork set aside ready to brine when I find curing salt to make Canadian bacon and I have purchased Hi-Mtn seasoning for jerky. Hubby and I bought some metal rods from Lowes and we are gonna cut them to fit so I can hang jerky soon!
quote:
Originally posted by Vicki B:
I have had my 025 for a couple of weeks now. So far I have done 1 6lb pork shoulder, 2 racks of country style ribs and just last night a 7lb brisket. I already have pork set aside ready to brine when I find curing salt to make Canadian bacon and I have purchased Hi-Mtn seasoning for jerky. Hubby and I bought some metal rods from Lowes and we are gonna cut them to fit so I can hang jerky soon!

Could you share some photos of your jerky rods with the forum ?
This is the info on the tag of the rod (they rea exactly as follows)
Steel WorkS Hillman, Cincinnati, OH
PLAT STL - ROUND
3/16" - 3ft

Lowes has them in standing boxes. The ends are brushed with a green color for this particular size. They were very inexpensive, maybe $2 - $3 each. They are exactly 36 inches long so I will cut them in half and hope they will fit snugly enough not to roll on the hanging rack or not be too tight. I chose 3/16" because I didn't want them to sag in the middle with the weight of the meat and they wont make too much of a hole in the top of the jerky. I will take a picture when I have it all set up.
100 pds of pork butt
90 pds St. Louis cut pork ribs
70 pds of chicken
25 pds of almonds
30 pds of Tri Tip
50 pds of misc. beef
20 pds of sausage
30 pds of cheese

It's been an awesome first year, and thanks to all those who helped me along the way. Even if you don't know you did. If you contributed on this board I have probably used your advice. Thanks, and Merry Christmas!
bill,

on a busy day in july we would do 80#'s of briskets, 60#'s of pulled pork, 30 racks of ribs, 20#'s of sausage, 20 chicken breast, and 50 half chickens on sunday. our biggest sandwich seller was what we called "the hog heaven" pulled pork sandwich topped with smoked sausage. then our "carolina" pulled pork with our homemade cole slaw on top. but my favorite is our soft tacos made with pulled pork, cheese, lettuce,tomato, and spicy home made pico de galo. i still can't count that high.....lol. i don't think i could opperate that amount using an FEC 100. i use an FEC 500. btw, we sold shirts with PETA on the back....
P-eople
E-ating
T-asty
A-nimals

we are in a mountian town with a lot of vegatarians...i like to agatate them...lol.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.