Skip to main content

I have had a habit of tucking the power cord between the pellet hopper and the FEC when moving or not in use. Did this for five and a half years. This habit bit me in the backside at a comp. The RTD quit working in the middle of the night and I created some of the most beautiful meteorites with great ebony crust.

After I talked with Tony, bought a new probe and when the old one was removed, it had damage at the exit from the FEC. BEWARE, this is caused by the power cord as there is absolutly no protection for damage to the probe cable.

Showed a guy last weekend what I had found using his FEC as an example. When he saw the freying, he changed his ways as well.

Just a friendly little piece of info to save time and money.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

My FEC's have the hopper retainer that holds the lid down. I just open up the latch, pass the cord behind it and reattach it and it holds them away.

my old FEC does have the cable out like you describe trucky. I think the power cord could affect the temp probe wire. Obviously it's not meant to store the power cable there.

Mack brings up a good point, but I never stored mine there because I was worried about that cable.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.