Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I was having a hard time keeping it lit the first few times I used it, I was using the pellets that came with it and had tried it in my SMO55 and on my Traeger grill. It would go out in 10-20 minutes every time.
The first time I had success was when I tried different pellets (Cookshack Hickory) and burned it in the FEC120. So I assume its the pellets that came with it, I did notice when I was lighting it that some moisture would ooze out. I did not notice this with the Cookshack pellets

I put it on the bottom shelf and never opened the door until it quit smoking over 13 hours later.

Regardless of who's pellets you use, put a double batch on a cookie sheet and put them in your oven at 225 for about 30 mins to dry them out. I learned that as well.

I have done about 60lbs of bacon in my FEC100 with one and it was great. I took a small fan and placed it underneath the intake for the factory fan and it created just enough airflow to make a gentle draft of smoke in the FEC and keep the thing lit.

I also smoked on a very cold night so I put a hot plate on the bottom and turned it on and I had 85-95 degree box with constant smoke and it was great!

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.