Skip to main content

Ok, let me preface this by saying we live in the sticks. I'd thought that our back deck (where the FEC is) was pretty much impervious to critters, being 15 feet off the ground with no stair access and big overhangs from the roof. Well, I guess not. It seems that a critter, probably a raccoon has been scaling the tallest deck post/gutter and coming up on the deck. He's been pushing the grease pan out a bit and digging out some of the old grease and then tromping all over my nice new composite decking with his greasy paws. You can see his foot prints an even see how he scaled back down the deck post leaving a greasy trail. We've set a trap and if all works right, he will be in the smoker himself before too long.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by Chaplain Bill:
Nothing Friday night. We cooked ribs Saturday. Last night (Sat), I snapped this photo of him leaving the deck. He walked around the smoker and sniffed and then sniffed around the trap then departed. I think the problem is that I smoked the ribs with cherry pellets and he probably prefers pecan.

Two things they can't pass up in a trap....(1) dry cat food...(2) sunflower seeds. Wink

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.